A 35-year-old man shot outside a primary school in Glasgow had been cleared of a gangland murder in 2012.

Ross Monaghan had dropped his children off at St George’s Primary, Penilee, shortly before the shooting happened in Muirdykes Road at about 09:05.
Police Scotland said he was in a stable condition in hospital.
Mr Monaghan was cleared of killing Kevin “Gerbil” Carroll after a judge ruled that there was insufficient evidence to convict him.
A police spokesman said the man appeared to have been targeted and they were not ruling out a gangland-related attack.
He said there would be extra police presence in the area over next few days to provide reassurance to the public.
Ch Insp Simon Jeacocke said: “Obviously this is a very unusual incident and clearly it could have been a lot worse.
“This was a frightening incident for those involved and indeed some of the staff have been quite shaken up by this incident.
“There were parents, children in the vicinity at the time who could have been hurt, so I would really like to appeal to anyone who may have been in the area at the time who may seen anything at all to contact the police.”
After the incident, police in Glasgow posted on social media: “We are aware of a firearms incident in Penilee this morning.
“We do not believe there is any ongoing threat to any other person.”
Glasgow City Council had said it was aware of an incident outside St George’s Primary School.
A spokeswoman said all staff and pupils were safe and the school remained open.
St George’s Primary School tweeted: “All pupils and staff are safe at St George’s primary. Police dealing with an incident which happened outside school grounds.”
Gangland figure Kevin “Gerbil” Carroll, 29, was shot dead in the Asda car park in Robroyston, Glasgow, on 13 January 2010.
Mr Monaghan was tried for the killing, but was acquitted after it emerged there was no evidence which placed him at the Asda store at the time of the shooting.
He was also cleared of attempting to defeat the ends of justice by disposing of the two guns used in the shooting and torching the getaway car.
William Paterson was convicted of Mr Carroll’s murder following a two-week trial in May 2015. He was told he must serve a minimum of 22 years in jail.